quinta-feira, 23 de abril de 2009

Where is he?

Our mothers now make sure to say (to the girls, specially): ''Go to school, sweetie, you need to study''.

Well, my dears, I hope you know that there is a whole ingenious (men would rather prefer the word ''diabolical'') plan behind this simple phrase. It actually means: go to school, study your ass off, get into the market, make sure you're sucessful or at least, have the means for a very comfortable life in the future so you can get married and have kids, but never depend on your husband.

It's not a lie. It's not a rarity. But it was not a woman who made sure to remember me of it, but my History teacher, a male. I think even tough this ''plan'' now makes part of our genetic code (thank Godness!) not always do we instantly connect the dots.

The thing is, as he also reminded me, no matter how independent we wanna be, the bloody conception of ''prince charming'' is, too, inherent; it has not disappeared from our minds and heart either.

So, as Charlote York from Sex and the City said:
''I've been dating since I was 15. I'm exhausted. Where is he?"
Even if it just to say ''HEY, I don't need your money.''



...


''Only your sperm, bed skills and your good look.''

Um comentário: